Not able to walk or stand. High blood pressure. On lasix. Feeling uncomfortable. What is wrong?
Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations regarding the symptoms you are experiencing.
From the details provided and considering your friend's age and recently treated high blood pressure I feel one has to consider these as signs of involvement of brain stem and cerebellum which is often the result of stroke. In view of black out we need to see if has associated new cardiac problems which at times can throw clots to the brain resulting in stroke. I feel the falls can be either due to black outs due to high blood pressure or some times due to imbalance caused by cerebellar stroke.
My recommendation would be for you to see your Neurologist as early as possible for a good neurological examination and consultation. MRI of the brain is required to exclude the possibility of stroke. His blood pressure has to be controlled with medications. A detailed cardiac evaluation in the form of ECG and ECHO is required to exclude new problems in the heart. He has to continue on antiplatelets and statins for suspected stroke.
I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you have found my response to be helpful.
If you have additional concerns I would be happy to discuss them with you.
Dr Shiva Kumar R
Consultant Neurologist & Epileptologist.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- High blood pressure feeling bloated
- Feeling high blood pressure
- What are the medicines for high blood pressure
- High blood pressure feel sick
- High blood pressure and feeling weak
- High blood pressure jittery feeling
- High blood pressure feeling jumpy
- What is classified as high blood pressure
- High blood pressure and feeling numb
- Feeling ill and high blood pressure
- What precautions can i take for a retrolisthesis of 3.5mm?
- Back spasms, lack of sleep, difficulty walking, moving. Treatment ?
- Kidney stones, stress, lack of testosterone, loss of lower lip control,...
- Is numbness in the right hand due to fibromylgia?
- Head injury, frontal lobe seizure, taken Depakote, Keppra, Lamictal,...
- Four discs in neck, bulging, neck spasms, tunnel vision, tingling in...
- Can multiple sclerosis cause erectily dysfunction and difficulty in...
- Brain bleed, depression, schizophrenia effective disorder. Suggestion?
- Nurocysticircosis, siezures, CT scan, MRI, perietal tuberculomas...
- Can cervical disc problems cause pain?