Not able to conceive due to ovarian cyst. Should I go for go for laparoscopic surgery?

Dr. Nandita Thakkar

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Wed, 30 Jan 2013 in Women's Health
Question: laproscopy
Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 18 hours later
hello

what do you mean by that question?
please elaborate your medical history and what you need to ask about it

dr XXXXXXX
Follow up: Dr. Nandita Thakkar 26 minutes later
i have completed 5 years of marriage life. My wife is not able to conceive because of ovarian cyst. doctors has suggested to go for laproscopy surgery. size of cyst of Right ovary is 28X 22 mm and left ovary - multiple small follicles noted. Is this the best way to treat ovarian cyst. Please provide advice regarding this. We are very much
thank you
- XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 53 minutes later
hello again

The ovarian cyst you have described is small, but if the cyst is persistent for more than 3 months then it requires evaluation and treatment

Surgical treatment can be decided after identifying what type of cyst it is and planning a procedure

medical management if they are functional cysts

the other ovary showing multiple follicles needs only follow up and surgical procedure only if your wife does not respond to medical management

every case is individualised and planned and treatment is provided accordingly

hope to have answered your query

dr XXXXXXX thakkar