Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Non-tuberculous mycobacteria detected in uterus. Will it cause infertility?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
Married since 14 years. All required tests performed except NTMB. Other tests ok. Non-tuberculous mycobacteria detected in uterus. whether it shall be cause of infertility ? treatment ...
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 42 minutes later
Thanks for the query.

Yes, non-tuberculous mycobacteria can also cause infertility by affecting the endometrium and tubes etc.
So, you have take treatment for it.
The treatment options usually involve macrolid antibiotics, ethambutol, rifampicin etc.
The schedule of the drugs and duration of treatment will depend on the severity of the disease.
So you consult your doctor and take treatment for it.
After treatment, you have to undergo hysterosalpingography once to check the patency of the tubes, then you can plan for pregnancy.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor