My question is about being tired during the day. I

Dr. Olgeta Xhufka

Posted on Sat, 30 Mar 2019 in General Health
Question: My question is about being tired during the day. I can summon the energy to walk 3 miles 5 days a week, lift weights at the YMCA 3 days a week and play tennis one day a week but these things require much more resolution than just 5 years ago. I suspect that I might be borderline diabetic but my GP keeps saying the test results for blood sugar do not support that theory. I am 5'10 and weigh 200 lbs which is too much. I have begun to try and limit both sugar and salt intake and drink more water. I currently take telmisartan 80mg which I think is excessive but the doctor does not agree. What do you guys think?
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Check for anemia or hypothyroudism

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

I think you should firstly do a complete blood count which will show if you possibly suffer from iron deficiency anemia which may be the main cause of it.
If it results to be normal I would you to check thyroid hormone levels because Hypothyroidism can cause the tiredness.
Is good idea of keeping a low calories diet and exercise to lose weight and this will also give you more energy.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T