Missing periods even after taking meprate 10mg. Am I pregnant?

Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Pregnancy
Question: I have taken meprate 10mg for 5 days and have taken the last tablet on 19 november...i still have not got my cycle..is it possible that this is bcause i am pregnant?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 18 minutes later

After completing the progesterone tablets usually withdrawal bleeding will occur within one week.
As you didn't get bleeding even after 8 days of completing the tablets the possibilities are:
-Estrogen and progesterone deficiency.
-Pregnancy.
So you once go for either blood test or urine test for pregnancy to rule out that possibility.
If test comes negative, you may need estrogen and progesterone supplementation to get withdrawal bleeding.
After doing pregnancy test you can consult your gynecologist, discuss the possibility of hormonal imbalance and take tablets accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow up: Dr. Sree Gouri SR 23 hours later
Is meprate harmful for the feotus if i am pregnant?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

According to studies meprate which contains medroxyprogesterone can cause fetal abnormalities. But this may not be true in every case. So if you found to be pregnant, decide whether to continue or terminate after proper check up by your doctor.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.