Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Missing period and experiencing pregnancy symptoms. Pregnancy test negative. Any thoughts?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12744 Questions
I am experiencing pregnancy symptoms, I am 11 days late from expected period. LMP 12/27/12 I took a test yesterday and came up negative. My husband had a vasectomy after our last child 2 1/2 years ago. Did I test too early, what are your thoughts?
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Since you are already 11 days late for your periods, it is appropriate to do a test now. The negative test rules out the pregnancy. Usually the test comes positive 6-7 days after the periods are overdue.
You can wait for another week for your periods to start spontaneously. In case the bleeding does not start then do consult your gynecologist for hormonal treatment to get a withdrawal bleeding.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor