Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Long-term gastric complaints

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
I am have gastric complaints from a long time
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query.

You have provided very short description of your problem.If possible write something more so that a proper answer can be given.

From how long are you suffering from this?
Does taking any food trigger this?
Have you taken any medication for this?

There could be various reasons for your complain,I have noted the medicines that you are taking.None of medicines seems to be causing or known to cause gastric problems for longer duration.

If you have done please also write latest TSH(Thyroid stimulating hormone) and blood sugar report.

Waiting for your reply,


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Long-term gastric complaints 3 hours later
latest TSH is 1.1 and HBA1C is 7.0.I cant tell any food that may be trigerring this,Please suggest me good Gastroenterologist In Hyderabad.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 3 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

Your thyroid and diabetes both are in excellent control. But, try to maintain your HbA1C below 7 with good glycemic control.

Please do following for avoiding gastric problem in general.

1. Take food at proper intervals, take 4 small meals in day, rather then couple of large meals.
2. Do regular exercise, avoid large meals and skipping meals.
3. Avoid high fat food, avoid cold drinks.
4. Do regular exercise, avoid sleeping for couple of hours after dinner.
5. Avoid any form of pain medications without your doctors advise.
6. Anxiety and stress are directly related to gastric problem.
7. Have more of leafy vegetable and salad in your diet.

I think this will definitely help you in solving your problem.

Still you want to consult gastroenterologist, you can go to Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, they have a team of them, who can help.

wishing you good health.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Long-term gastric complaints 1 hour later
Can you suggest a name as there are number of branches in hyderabad
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 46 minutes later

You need to visit main Apollo hospital,the address is as under,

Apollo Hospitals, Jubilee Hills

Ph:+ 91-40-0000

email: YYYY@YYYY .

I hope, you find this information useful.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor