Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Keloids on chest, pimples on back. Treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
Hi, I have got keloids on my chest & some pimples on my back and i want to remove them.could you please suggest what treatment should i age is 24,wt:65,ht:170cm
I also have dark circles under the eyes what will you suggest for that &
one more question i have itching problem between the legs,i use itch guard but it is also not helping what should i use for that
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 23 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

Keloid is a heaped-up scar that rises quite abruptly above the rest of the skin and become red, purple and irritated.

You should have this examined from a dermatologist and discuss the treatment plans with him.

The treatment methods for keloids are:
1)     corticosteroid injections inside the keloids
2)     Pulse XXXXXXX laser
3)     silicone sheets
4)     cryotherapy
5)     injection of interferon
6)     surgery

Secondly, for dark circles under the eyes, try to avoid caffeine. Because it promotes water retention and leads to the dryness of the eye. Eat a healthy, balanced diet, take vitamins and drink plenty of water.

Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables especially cabbage, spinach, and other leafy XXXXXXX vegetables. Also take a daily vitamin supplement. You should also apply almond oil or skin creams containing vit C or K, alpha hydroxyl acids and kinetin around your eyes. However if the symptoms are severe then topical bleaching agents, chemical peels and laser therapy may be needed.

Thirdly, the itching problem between the legs can be due to a fungal infection causing jock itch or tinea cruris. Treatment consists of topical antifungal cream. Creams containing miconazole / tolnaftate / terbinafine / ketaconazole / clotrimazole have been useful here in treating this problem.

Some of other useful medications are Lamisil, Monistat derm, Mycelex, and Nizoral. But they should be used only after a dermatologist’s prescription. Restrict wearing any undergarments at night and as far as possible keep the area dry.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor