Is wine consumption advisable after liver and kidney transplantation?

Question
Ii had a liver and kidney transplant in July. Doing great. Will I ever be able to have a glass of wine again? I never was much of a drinker. I had polycystic kidney and liver.
Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Muthu Krishnan 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should not take alcohol.

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
Welcome to Healthcare magic.I have analysed your query.Alcohol intake causes adverse effects to liver,kidney.In my point of view,you should not take alcohol.It may even decrease the viability of the graft.If you have the habit of cigarette smoking,leave that habit also.
Thank you.
Feel free to write us.