• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for back pain

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: My husband 's back hurts in the lower to mid back in the same spot on both sides. He said he did not do anything to hurt it. He has polycystic kidney disease, soo was wondering if it could b his kidneys? If soo, what should he do?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
For how long has this been?

Detailed Answer:

I will recommend Tylenol for 24 hours: 1000mg thrice daily. if this pain persists, I will suggest that he gets an ultrasound and urine evaluation to make sure there is no obstruction of an infection. If the pain regresses, then we can observe further.

I await your update within 24hours. I wish your husband well.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Answered by
Dr. Chobufo Ditah

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2009

Answered : 6252 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Polycystic kidney

doctor1 MD

I am a 52 yr old female and as yet am not in the menopause but I have been having my period for 2 weeks now. In this time I have light days but on...

doctor1 MD

Okay here's my problem: I'm 36 years old, have polycystic kidney disease and a history of prostatitis (4 instances all mild). For the last three...

doctor1 MD

Ii had a liver and kidney transplant in July. Doing great. Will I ever be able to have a glass of wine again? I never was much of a drinker. I had...

doctor1 MD

I have hives daily for 3 1/2 years now. Sometimes the are worse than others, but I have them everyday. I had numerous tests. The only thing...

doctor1 MD

Would be so happy if finally i can get bettr with the help here. I have been dealing with an abdominal (flank) pains on and off for five years. Did...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I was 432lbs 20 months ago. I have completely changed my health, eating and exercise habits and have lost 159lbs. I have Poly cystic kidney...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

191 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Chobufo Ditah
  • Q - CT scan showed cancer tumor inside liver. Swollen abdomen, little...

  • Q - Shaved around private parts and around base of penis. Bumps are like...

  • Q - Having blood pressure. Taking Sandoz Fenofibrate. Should I go for higher...

  • Q - Severe anal itching and rashes on buttocks. Suggest medication

  • Q - Stomach upset, gas and bloating. What could this be?

  • Q - Can I contract HIV through blowjob?

  • Q - Having swollen testicles. Could this be a sign of cancer?

  • Q - Had rectal prolapse surgery. Should I be concerned of having irregular...

  • Q - What causes numbness in toe?

  • Q - Is Hydrazine sulfate effective for cancer patients suffering from cachexia?