Is weight loss,loose stool and headaches symptoms of HIV?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
23 days ago I had a one time oral encounter with a man who did not ejaculate in my mouth, but I did taste some of his precum while going down on him. Since then I have lost 8lbs (down from 234lbs), I have had some loose stools and occasional headaches. I did not think these were ARS symptoms until reading an article just recently that claimed that they could be. So, my questions are 1) How at risk am I for contracting HIV through a one time giving oral encounter 2) Are my symptoms more from stress, anxiety or depression or could they possibly be HIV ARS related and 3) Are there any reliable tests I could take today that would either tell me the inevitable or put my mind at ease?
Posted Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
hi and welcome

Detailed Answer:
1. The risk for hiv transmission is negligible unless there was open sore in mouth but even then risk is less than 1/20 000 exposures so you dont have to be worried.

2. These signs are nonspecific and it can indicate any mild respiratory or enteroinfection and also be sign of stress and anxiety. Ars is last thing to think of.

3. Tests would be 99% reliable at 3 weeks after exposure but i dont think that this is necessary at all. You can do pcr test for own satisfaction.
Wish you good health. Regards