Is weight loss symptom of HIV?
Wife's weight loss not related to HIV.
Welcome to HCM.
Thanks for posting your query.
Your fear for HIV is absolutely baseless. Weight loss in HIV usually occurs after the CD4 count goes below 250, that is not less than 5-7 years after the possible infection. Persons infected with HIV looks healthy after recovered from the initial illness (4-6 weeks after the possible infection), they would look healthy in all other aspect except with serology (blood test), till their CD4 count (immunity) goes below dangerous level which takes a considerable amount of time not less than 7 years. Nobody can suspect that they are infected with HIV without a blood test.
So the weight loss of your wife is not at all related to HIV.
Just forget the past incidence and look for some other reason for the weight loss of your wife.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of Rapid weight loss
- Weight loss hiv negative
- Are unexplained weight loss symptoms of diabetes?
- Inguinal hernia symptoms weight loss
- Symptoms of Unexplained weight loss
- Symptoms of Excessive weight loss
- Are fatigue, fever and weight loss symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis?
- Hiv and weight loss
- Hair loss weight loss symptoms
- Are weight loss symptoms of pheochromocytoma?