Is use of catheter in sex play 6 weeks after prostrate removal safe?

Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: We have been using a catheter in sex play off and on for the past 10 to 15 years. Can I resume this activity 6 weeks after prostrate removal?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can resume urethral catheterization

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

I assume you will be undergoing removal of Prostate by Transurethral Resection of Prostate (TURP).
You can safely continue using catheter for sex play. There is slight increased risk of Urethral stricture following Prostate removal.

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best regards
Dr Deepak XXXXXXX
MBBS, MS, MCh
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 7 minutes later
I had my prostrate removed 6 weeks ago. How large of a catheter can I safely use in sex play?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
14 FG size can be used

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Greetings

You can use about 14 FG size.
Exact assessment can be possible by trying to insert 14 FG , if it goes easily without any resistance it can be used.

Best regards
Dr Deepak
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 22 hours later
We re expecting a grandchild in 6mo and will be setting with the child during the day. The mother will be breast feeding is it possible for a 73 old grandmother to start lactating to feed the child during the day. If this is possible how would it be done and would she have enougg milk produced to feed the child?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It's not possible to lactate

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Greetings

It's not possible for non pregnant lady to start lactating. There are no drugs or procedure for it.

Best regards
Dr Deepak
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
How can I get an erection after prostrate removal?

I had a prostrate removal 6 weeks ago. Will it ever be possible to have an erection. If it is possible what do I need to do?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Prostate removal does not affect erection

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Greetings

Removal of Prostate does not affect erection.
Erectile dysfunction could be due to
1. Psychological factors

2. Age related

3. Other coexisting medical disease

Best regards
Dr Deepak