Ask a Urologist   »  

What does this urinalysis report indicate?

Question
Occasional rbc wbc 5-7 hpf in urine routine. I have urethral stricture as well. Urine culture is not yet out. Is occasional rbc something serious? I'm getting urine infection from past one year. After having antibiotics it's getting cured but coming back again.
Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Muthu Krishnan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consult a urologist.

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
Welcome to Healthcare magic.
I have analysed your question very thoroughly.
Occasional RBC won't cause any problems.
Urethral strictures can also be a cause for recurrent UTI.The normal urinary pathway helps in excreting the urine.But when it is strictured,the urine cannot freely move in the strictured pathway. It may accumulate there and causes recurrent infection.
You should consult your urologist for this problem.
Thank you.
Feel free to ask questions.