Owl Image

Is there any chance of getting HIV from body fluid transfer?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016

OBGYN
Question
HI, I went to a body massage, where she told me to remove my clothes and I was on my underwear and while doing the massage she sat on my buttocks for 1 minute, but she sat on my underwear which I was wearing, and she was naked, if any of her vaginal fluids have touch my underwear and goes into the my body what are the chances of my exposure to the HIV, and for 1 more minute she sat on my legs and I dont have any cuts on my body please help me my mind is going very bad
Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX,

I had gone through your history in detail. There is no chance of exposure to HIV through this type of method as you were not involved in sexual intercourse and you have no cuts on body parts.
Although, the HIV status of body massager is unknown. She may be HIV positive or negative. It is advisable to do a blood test for HIV 1 & 2 initially and if the result is negative, you repeat the test after 3 months to clear doubt from your mind and keep in safe side.

You also know the route of HIV transmission to take safe precaution in the future.

These are:
1) Sexual intercourse (Vaginal/anal) with infected person
2) Sharing needles/syringe for drugs or anything from infected one
3) Mother to child transmission during pregnancy or childbirth.
4) Transmission through donated blood/clotting factors.
5) Transmission through saliva/urine/tear drop in low percentage.

There is no chance of HIV transmission in case of shaking hands, casual kissing, sharing foods/utensil/toilets with HIV positive one.

Please do consult with your doctor after getting test reports and take suggestive measures.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish you better health and give a feedback.