Is sweet potatoes good for type 2 diabetes patient?
In limited amounts
Your question whether it is good or not for type 2 diabetes is perhaps prone to misinterpretation.
I will clarify the following:
1 It is not as if eating sweet potatoes will improve diabetes or blood glucose levels
2 Eating most things that are grown in nature and freshly consumed are healthy as long as they are taken in moderation
3 Eating sweet potatoes occasionally as part of a balanced diet is acceptable
In general, a balanced diet is sufficient. There are no absolute no-no's when it comes to diabetes. Eating in moderation is key.
You have very specific queries that are best addressed by seeing a dietitian in person. A dietitian will make an individualized plan tailor made for you based upon your preferences.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Thyroid problem,unable to conceive,hormone deficiency
- How are headaches and vitiligo treated ?
- Feel cold, lightheadedness, memory problems, foggy thinking,...
- Hypothyroidism due to Hashimoto's thyroiditis, taking Thyronorm. Do you...
- Underweight, taken dexamethasone. How can I gain weight?
- What can be done for a high blood sugar? Have frequent urination.
- Had hormone imbalance. Used androgel when testosterone went down. Will...
- Have a postprandial hypoglycemic reaction to foods with carbs. Gaining...
- Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. Is Armour thyroid or Erfa thyroid better...
- Cold feeling after eating sugar. Headache, fever, BP high, have...