question-icon

Is shrinking of penis possible while on medication for enlarged prostate?

Posted on Fri, 29 Jul 2016
Question: I am 84 years old on meds for enlarged prostate. My penis seems to be shrinking or the foreskin is expanding, What could cause that? YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
It is due to penile hypoxia.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .
Based on the facts that you have been detected to have enlarged prostate and taking medicines for the same .

You have noticed your penis to be getting shrinked in recent times .This is due to age related Penile Hypoxia that causes shrinking of penis .There is nothing to be worried about it and there is no medicines that can cure it.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist