Is scuba diving safe while having severe diarrhea?
I need an answer very quickly.
there is no problem with scuba diving provided that she takes adequate fluids and does not have a fever. Otherwise a gastroenteritis (which is the most likely cause) may exhaust her and cause symptoms like faintness.
Yeast infection is not likely with this drug because it's actions are only local (in the intestine). Nifuroxazide is a mild antiseptic of the intestine. Normally for most diarrheal diseases no antibiotic treatment is required particularly for the most mild of them. Signs of significant illness include blood in the stool, many diarrheas (more than 5-6 per day), abdominal pain, fever, etc. If she does not have any of the worrisome symptoms and signs that I've mentioned then she'll probably do well even without treatment. An antidiarrheal agent can be tried if the doctor does not suspect invasive bacterial disease.
I hope it helps!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe diarrhea and vomiting microgynon
- Very severe diarrhea microgynon
- Cefdinir severe diarrhea
- Severe diarrhea after membrane sweep
- Causes of severe diarrhea
- Diagnosis of Severe diarrhea i
- Treatment for severe diarrhea
- Symptoms of Severe diarrhea i
- How to cure severe diarrhea
- Zoloft and severe diarrhea