Is pulse polio vaccination recommended after receiving scheduled polio vaccination?
Pulse polio boosters are to be given every time they are announced
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
Yes, apart from the scheduled immunization of polio drops you need to give the pulse polio boosters whenever the government announces about the same. It will boost the child's existing immunity and will also provide herd immunity which would have a further protective action.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diphtheria tetanus polio vaccine
- Arguments against polio vaccine
- Green poop after polio vaccine
- Fever after polio vaccine
- Treatment and cure for pulse polio vaccine
- Symptoms of pulse polio vaccine
- Diagnosis of pulse polio vaccine
- Pulse polio vaccine causes
- Fever after oral polio vaccine
- Tetanus and polio vaccine