Does the immunization report attached comprise of all essential vaccinations for a child?

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Thu, 14 Sep 2017 in Child Health
Question: Hello doctor,

We had gone today for baby's 10th week vaccination. The vaccinations are delayed by 1.5 week basically coz of hospitilization of baby at around 1 month of birth due to Hydronephrosis which is a different story.

Anyhow, the doctor has prescribed today 2 injections and 2 oral medicine where one oral is Rotavirus and the other is Oral Polio Vaccination.

The nurse, we believe, has missed out giving the oral polio. We both (father and mother of the baby) were there when the nurse gave 2 injections to both the thighs and then she gave, what we believe, Rotavirus oral drops which has a long and weird cap to the container. But she completely missed out giving Oral Polio.

Kindly suggest us on what can be done?

Attached are the following for your reference:
1. Doctor's prescription
2. Pharmacy XXXXXXX
3. Vaccination card

Queries:
1. What to do if OPV was missed out by hospital staff?
2. In worst case if OPV was given, can we still give the baby another dose to make sure that it wasn't missed out?
3. Is the Vaccination card all fine? Do you see that the vaccination being administered is all correct?

Kindly let us know your thoughts doctor.

Thanks,
XXXX XXXXXXX XXXX
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Let me try to address the issues one by one
1. No need to worry. Just giving the missed dose will suffice.
2. Giving an extra dose will not cause any harm. No need to worry.
3. The vaccination card looks fine. I do not see any discrepancies. No need to worry.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad