Is pregnancy a risk factor when skipping a birth control?
Risk of pregnancy is less than 1 %.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
I am Dr. Aarti Abraham, OB - GYN ( Gynaecologist ) and I would be glad to assist you with your concern.
Normally, any kind of contraceptive pill, like XXXXXXX is around 99. 9 % effective in preventing pregnancy.
Even if you take all pills on time, there is less than 1 % risk of getting pregnant.
By missing one pill , that risk is not increased.
As long as you do not miss any more pills in the future, your risk of getting pregnant is less than 1 %, which is negligible.
Anyways, you cannot get pregnant by having intercourse on day 3, 4 or day 8 of your cycle - ovulation ( egg formation ) does not happen naturally on that day.
Please do not worry about a pregnancy.
You cannot get pregnant.
Just remember to take the rest of your pills on time.
All the best.
please feel free to discuss further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is pregnancy possible when on birth control pills
- Skip a month of birth control
- Pregnancy after birth control
- Pregnancy with implanon birth control
- Birth control and pregnancy
- Birth control pills and pregnancy
- Pregnancy risks on birth control
- Birth control in early pregnancy
- Birth control when on warfrin
- Birth control pills pregnancy risk