Is persistent cervical pain after an embryo transfer a cause for concern?
See detailed description
Hello Mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
Crinone is a progesterone gel which is very important for implantation of the embryo.
By cervical pain if you mean pain in the mouth of uterus inside vagina then there is nothing to worry as it is common with Crinone gel.
But in case you mean cervical neck region pain then you should consult a good orthopedician at the earliest as these pains at times worsen because of the effect of progesterone.
Dr Manisha Jain.
Visit a gynaecologist
Pain in that area is common in patients who use gel but is usually mild and tolerable.
But at times there can be injury due to the applicator (in those who use applicator)
so if pain is a shooting one then it is better to get examined by a gynaecologist to see for any local cause of pain.
If it is just a simple discomfort then take tablet paracetamol 2-3 times a day and it will be fine.
All the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Alcohol and cervical pain
- Skipping exercise cervical pain
- Treatment and cure for cervical pain
- Cervical pain causes
- Diagnosis of cervical pain
- What is the cause for severe cervical pain and stiffness
- Epidural injections for cervical pain
- Cervical pain and kettle bell
- Symptoms of cervical pain
- Can cervical pain cause chest pain
- How to get pregnant in old age?
- Does taking I-pill affect future pregnancy?
- Suggest home remedies for anemia
- Do I need to use contraceptives after a tubectomy?
- What does these ultrasound of cervix indicate?
- What is a complex ovarian cyst?
- Suggest treatment for swelling in clitoris due to an UTI
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and severe depression
- Does non-penetrative sex lead to pregnancy?
- What do small cluster of yellow spots near the vagina indicate?