Is mineville patch helpful in dealing with breast tumor?
MINIVELLE PATCH is mostly used to reduce symptoms of menopause
Thank you for posting your query in healthcaremagic.com
This is Dr. Swarnava dattagupta answering your query.
I understand your concern.
See, first regarding your thyroid surgery and synthroid-
If you have undergone thyroid surgery for thyroid cancer, probably you had subtotal or total thyroidectomy and hence there is not much functioning thyroid gland left, so you are being given synthroid which is levothyroxine and it performs similar functions as that of a thyroid gland. Its side effects are headache, nervousness, diarrhea, weight loss etc. So, there is no major chances of weight gain following its use.
Now, for minivelle patch-
It is an estrogen or estradiol patch which is used mostly to reduce the symptoms of menopause like vaginal drying, hot flushes, palpitations etc. Or it is sometimes given to women who cannot produce enough ostrogen. It has some side effects like application site irritation, nausea, bloating, weight changes etc.
Can you tell me why have you been put on minivelle patch?
did you have any problem regarding your menopause?
You also said you did not have hysterectomy (with salpingo-oophorectomy), so production of estrogen should not be compromised.
Also tell me what problems did you have in breast. Were they diagnosed and what were the tumors symptoms? If you have any reports, kindly tell me those as well. You can also upload the reports on the right side of this query page. There is a feature for the same.
awaiting your response.
If you have any further questions i will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for bloating and flatulence
- What causes sudden increase in BP readings with history of heart attack?
- Does over dosage of Piopar cause leg lymphodoema?
- Suggest treatment for palpitations and anxiety related issues
- Is mineville patch helpful in dealing with breast tumor?
- What causes tremendous weight loss after taking Obimet Sr?
- What causes constant retrosternal chest pain lasting for few minutes?
- Does unprotected sex can lead to pregnancy?
- Does pain in the my left rib cage indicate rib fracture?
- How long do symptoms of prostatitis last?