Is masturbation harmful when on steroids?

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Mon, 19 Jan 2015 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hi..I am doing bodybuilding..and I m on steroids..while my trainer said to nt to masturbate...between 2 months of steroid course I masturbated 5-6 times...I knw it's nt good..nd I m regeretting on it...I m concerned..about it nd I m controlling....I think it will effect my sex life by havin less erection...I jst wanted to knw he I can overcome it...nd increase my testosterone in my body naturally..as I will gr8 married in a year..nd I dnt want to affect my sex life....whatever tests are requiored please tell
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Mastrubation is not harmful

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I read your query and I understand your concerns about Mastrubation and testesterone.

I am happy to know that you are trying to get physically fit and build your body. But unfortunately you are having some misconceptions and let me clarify them.

1. Mastrubation is not harmful. Either for future sex life or further body building.

2. Mastrubation is a natural way to fulfill sexual desires and it is not associated with any effect on body.

3. Steroids should not be taken and please avoid them as they have many side effects.

4. Continue working out at gym without steroids and have mastrubation as you like.

5. Let me reassure you that mastrubation is completely normal and healthy. Your gym instructor is wrong.

6. You dont nees any tests.
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 34 minutes later
Thanks doc...fr clearing the mis conception...as I knew that by having masturbation on steroid affects the sperm counts n will create less erection on penis...that about I was concerned...
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Stop steroids

Detailed Answer:
Hi

You had guessed wrong. Mastrubation is not harmful.

Steroids should not be taken. Stop them.