Is long term use of Nicip plus advisable for rheumatism?

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Posted on Fri, 24 Apr 2015 in Lupus
Question: I am taking one tab of nicip plus daily since about one year in pain due to rheumatism. Should i discontinue it for some time or change it with another Brand
Answered by Dr. Naval Mendiratta 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
? Rheumatism

Detailed Answer:
Good evening

Thank you for writing on health care magic

Well, yes you need to discontinue it. Considering your age and the pain killers you are taking( Nimulid+ Paracetemol), it is going to have a bad impact on your kidneys and you dont want to land up with the kidneys affected due to overuse( Most common cause in India)

When you say Rheumatism, could you explain in detail the sort of symptoms you were experiencing for someone to diagnose you that? If you do have some form of arthritis, you are not doing yourself any good by taking only pain killers and not the drugs to control the disease. And if you dont have arthritis, this medicine will do more harm than good

Do let me know your location as well, so I can guide you to see a Rheumatologist and get your treatment streamlined

Await your reply

Dr Naval
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Naval Mendiratta 10 hours later
Yes i have arthrites Ra positive reading 120 pain shifting from one joint to another under homeopathic treatment of a qualified doctor since 5years and feeling well. I take only one tab of nicip md daily. and discontinue sometimes when there is no pain .how I can check its impact on my kidneys
Answered by Dr. Naval Mendiratta 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Rheumatoid Arthritis

Detailed Answer:
Good evening

Sorry for the delayed reply. Well if you are on continuous pain killers you need to check your liver and kidney function test regularly along with Haemoglobin monitoring. You can do them by routine blood examination.

As for the management of Rheumatoid Arthritis, we normally dont recommend Homeopathy. But if you are feeling well, it is a good thing. But yes, lose the painkiller before they harm your body. The whole point of management of Rheumatoid Arthritis is, to control the disease and minimize the use of pain killers

Hope the information was useful

Do let me know for more queries

REgards
Dr Naval