Can Lexopeg FC and homeopathy be taken together for treating constipation in a toddler?

Question
Hello there, my daughter is 3 years 8 months. She doesn't Paas the motion for 4-5 days. Doctors have given Lexopeg FC 5 bottles in 8 months. We give homeopathic medicine as well. I have enclosed prescription. Please suggest if this will be helpful for the kid.
Mon, 14 May 2018 in Internal Doctor Category

Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Increased fluid + fibre rich diet....

Detailed Answer:

Many a times constipation is the results of inadequate fluid intake. I shall encourage her to drink plenty of water atleast 6 glass of water every day. In addition I will suggest you give her a fibre rich diet. Plenty of fruits and vegetables. In most cases, these dietary changes is sufficient to treat constipation.

If it's necessary, dietary fibre supplement available as ispaghula husk may be tried after discussing with her pediatrician. I am not sure if this has been tried earlier. I don't see the prescription here.

Please include the changes I mentioned and discuss with her pediatrician about the supplement mentioned.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Can Lexopeg FC and homeopathy be taken together for treating constipation in a toddler? 8 hours later
Hello Dr XXXXXXX

Thanks for the response. Sorry the prescription attachment was missing. I raised another query with that. Actually she drinks a lot of water and eats a lot of fruits. She sits in the toilet but doesn't pass motion. She had anal injuries due to tight stool before. Nothing seems to be helping.

Answered by Dr. Prasad 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Continue medications...

Detailed Answer:

As I see she is been started on antibiotic, antiparasitic and laxatives. The combination is good for some one with constipation with infective spell. She can continue the treatment as instructed and hope it helps.

That being said, I do not have enough details to confirm / rule out other abdominal / intestinal causes for constipation. She can undergo ultrasound test as directed. Further treatment if any can be stared after test.

In addition to scans, I will also suggest a physical examination by a surgeon. Sometimes similar anal tears / chronic anal problems can be the cause of constipation. And occasionally, children who suffered from very painful constipation earlier may be psychologically affected leading to further constipation spells. All these can be discussed after scans and general surgeons consult.

Hope this answered your question. Let me know if you need clarifications.