Is long term usage of Beano harmful?

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: I'm a type 2 diabetic and mess effect kidneys. Does regular use of Beano have any effect on the kidneys the r any other organ?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No evidence for adversely affecting kidneys or other organs

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Beano contains the enzyme alpha-galactosidase and helps in reducing bloating and flatulence associated with GERD. There is no conclusive evidence to suggest that it affects the kidneys or other organs adversely or is nephrotoxic. The Valsartan/HlCTZ 160/25 mg two tabs daily is a high dose and can certainly derange the renal function tests.

Let me know if you have any query

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil