Is it safe to take all 3 types of Balant kadha together?

Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Ayurveda
Question: Hi Doctor,
I underwent c section delivery on 15th of March. it's 3 weeks now. can I start taking balant kadha 1 2 3 now. because balant kadha 1 should be taken from 1 to 10 days after delivery, and 2 should be taken from 11 to 20 days after delivery.
is it ok if I start taking from 1 or take all 3 syrups together?
and can I take dashmularishta also?

please suggest which syrups should I take now and in what dosage?
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
needful clarification

Detailed Answer:
Dear
Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern and following is/are necessary guidelines:

1. Since 3 weeks have passed (21 days), it is wise to go with balant kadha 3 because if you will take all the three then the dose of the common ingredients in all three will be above normal limit and may have undesirable effects on the baby..

2. since the baby will be breast feeding it is also important not to go with all 3 of them instead continue with balant kadha 3 which is specifically indicated for production of breast milk in new born.

Dose: 4 teaspoon thrice daily for 3 months (and has all the therapeutic effect which are present in 1 & 2)

2. Dashmoolarishta: is one of the medicine prescribed post delievery to the mother since it is the best female TONIC (supports and provide nutrition to the uterus) and act as an IMMUNOMODULATOR (helps in increasing Immunity)

Dose: 4 teaspoon twice daily (after meals with equal amount of water) same dose should be followed if exprerience post partum fevet/anorexia.

Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant and Physician
Naimittika
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak