Is it safe to take Niacin while on aortic aneurysm stent?
Niacin or Viagra is okay
Noted your concern. Are you on Niacin for altered cholsterol levels ( low HDL) ?.
It can cause fluching and facial redness, not issues in particular with stent.
Viagra cause mainly dilatation of veins ( than arteries). It shouldnt be combined with pills like nitrates. Otherwise, it doesnt harm the stent or directly cause a leak.
Have you had a recent heart check up or follow up after the stent was put in ?
Thank you for the reply. No issues. Niacin can be used. However, avoid excess exertion while having intercourse and avoid lifting heavy weights etc.
Wish you good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Echocardiogram aortic aneurysm
- Aortic aneurysm stent that is increasing day by day
- Aortic aneurysm and ozone treatment
- Adderall thoracic aortic aneurysm
- Marijuana abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Adderall and aortic aneurysm
- Thyroid medication aortic aneurysm
- Adderall and abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm and sildenafil
- Adipex and abdominal aortic aneurysm