Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Is it possible to have hair growth again after hair loss causing low density?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10419 Questions
will my hair grow back as i had earlier?
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes. You can get back your hair Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The hair fall that you are having is due to the illness and due to exposure to heat and dust which are both detrimental for the health of hairs. You can get your healthy hair back by taking a few measures to help your hairs grow better - 1. Take a high protein diet. You can also apply raw egg on your hairs one hour before washing them for good lusture and to cover the damaged parts. 2. Take iron and zinc supplements. 3. Avoid exposure to direct sun for long duration. 4. Keep your hairs covered outdoors to avoid damage from dust , etc. 5. Take high doses of vitamin B6 and folic acid. 6. Stay away from stress and anxiety. 7. Scalp massage- A vigorous rubbing of the scalp with fingers is one of the most effective method for the prevention of hair loss. The scalp should be rubbed vigorously till it starts to tingle with the heat. It will activate the sebaceous glands and energize the circulation of blood in the affected area, making the hair grow healthy. For rapid and sure response, you can go for mesotherapy which is a safe, simple and cost-effective option to treat thinning hair due to nutritional disorders. The side effects are negligible as the dietary supplements are injected. You can discuss it with your dermatologist and benefit from it. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor