Is it normal to get pins and needles in hands and feet?
Thanks for posting your query.
The sensation of pins and needles on her hands and feet is not normal and can be caused by abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in her body and a lack of vitamin B12 after an intestinal infection.
Ask her to have a glass of orange juice or any mixed fruit so that if any electrolyte imbalance is there, it will be corrected.
You can also start her with Vitamin B complex supplements and see if there is any improvement. In case the symptoms are persistent then a physician consultation is recommended.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Thanks for writing again.
Viral infection like chicken pox can cause such nerve related symptoms. The symptoms are likely to subside in 3-4 weeks.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pins and needles in hands and feet sometimes in arms to
- Hand feet pins needles early in pregnancy
- Sweaty hands and feet and pins and needles
- Pins and needles in hands and feet anxiety
- Pins and needles in hands and feet after acdf
- Numbness in hand and feet pins and needles sweating
- Pins and needles in hands and feet in morning sick
- Pins and needles hands feet and lips occasionally
- Pins and needles in hands anf feet
- Duromine pins and needles hands and feet
- Swollen legs, dark patches. Have stasis dermatitis and OCD. Will I be...
- Difficulty maintaining erection, discomfort in right testicle. Should I...
- Would anesthesia used to make a patient unconscious cause hand tremor?
- Black or brown freckles on penis, flat, no discomfort. Is this normal?
- What could red spots on hairline mean?
- Testicle swollen huge and hurts to touch. Why?
- Sudden awakening from sleep, heart racing, high blood pressure, ringing...
- What kind of cancer is it when colonoscopy shows a malignant mass in...
- Itching vagina, discharge and bleeding during sex. Maybe bacterial...
- Have hypoglycemia. Want to try HCG diet. Is it safe?