Is it necessary to consult gynaecologist for confirmation of pregnancy?
My wife has missed her periods and its approx. day 7 today. She has done pregnancy test today (using Prega News Kit) and it says Positive. :)
To confirm pregnancy, shall I get some tests done?
At this point in time, shall I consult a Gynae doctor for any next steps? Also, please suggest any immediate next steps.
Routine precautions advised
Hello sir, thanks for trusting health care magic.
Congratulations for the new phase of life and may God bless you with a healthy child soon.
Yes you should visit a gynaecologist after a week or ten days for various tests related to pregnancy.
There is no need to do any test further for confirmation of pregnancy.
Just ask her to take care of following points -
- take as much rest as possible of 8 hours at night and 1-2 hours in day.
- take good nutritious diet and include milk, almonds, green leafy vegetables in her regular diet
- in case she can take then egg and chicken on daily basis is a good way to improve nutrition
- take ample amount of water daily along with fresh fruits and salad which will take care of constipation which is common in pregnancy
- regular antenatal visits and ultrasound have a lot of implication.
Start folic acid tablet 5 mg daily which is a multivitamin needed most in pregnancy.
Dr Manisha Jain
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- It is necessary to consult gynecologist pregnancy test is positive
- Is ultrasound necessary to confirm pregnancy
- Confirming pregnancy with a doctor
- Confirm pregnancy test with pulse
- Travelling before pregnancy confirmation
- How to confirm pregnancy
- How to confirm a pregnancy at home
- Maximum days to confirm pregnancy
- Follicular study confirm pregnancy
- Confirming pregnancy with irregular periods