Is it necessary for pacemaker patient to be anti coagulant medication for life?
Hi and thanks for this query.
The most common reasons for pacemakers are irregularly heartbeats termed arrhythmia. Arrhythmia causes blood to clot easily which is harmful to organs like the brain, eyes, kidneys, legs, etc. For this reason, being on an anticoagulant is very much advised. Beside this, there are several other reasons for using coumadins that may nit be totally justified by a pacemaker alone.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does pacemaker s battery life is 3 months
- Pacemaker patients and sextual intimacy
- Pacemaker young life expectancy
- Life expectancy with pacemaker
- Pacemaker in 95 year old patient
- Congestive heart failure pacemaker fitted life expectancy
- Drugs/medication for pacemaker syndrome
- Pacemakers and dialysis patients
- What is the life expectancy on a pacemaker
- Does cough effect the battery life of the pacemaker
- What causes enlarged heart?
- What causes spotting after having sex?
- Suggest side effects of Premarin
- Suggest treatment for recurrent urinary tract infection
- Can Wimpat,Keppra and Lamictal be taken when BP is high?
- When can orgasm be experienced after a total hystorectomy?
- Is tremination of pregnancy at after 26 weeks advisable?
- What causes swelling at the injection site?
- Suggest treatment for Angioma
- What causes chronic Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura?