Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Is it advisable to get R.I.S.C test done for diabetes?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
hi doctor , Recently I read about R.I.S.C test being done in LIFESPAN centres , for Diabetes. My mother aged 65 years is a Diabetic by hereditary , follows a very active lifestyle without taking any sugar items . But inspite of that while we went for a health check which was done after almost 2 hours after breakfast the result was bit high approx.. 220 mg /dl . Should I go for this test which is costly ( 4000 approx ) and can we get discounts on health card for this R.I.S.C test . If done will this test give the complete diagnosis for her blood sugar . Should I proceed for the same . How far is it reliable rather than the conventional urine and blood test ( post and pre ) for sugar testing Please advise .
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: yes, you can go for the test Detailed Answer: Hello, Yes, you can go ahead and get the RISC test for your mother. Yes, you could also get discounts on your health card for the same. You need to contact the hospital billing section for it. It will measure 30 vital health indicators that would indicate the level of insulin resistance and extent of development of cardiovascular disease and diabetes in your mother. Overall, it is a good test to know her health status and disease progression stage. Please proceed with the same. Since it measures multiple parameters, it is definitely reliable. However, the actual test to monitor long term sugar levels in glycosylated hemoglobin. I am not sure if this is done with the RISC test. Hope this information helps you. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor