Is intake of baking soda and coconut oil to reduce cholesterol advisable?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Fri, 10 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: I am taking baking soda mixed with water and coconut oil. My first lab results indicated about a 30 reduction and cholestron drop from the higher to the lowar window. I also see that my magnesium went from normal to low. Do you think the low magnesium is from the coconut or baking soda?
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibly baking soda

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query. It is hard to say whether cococut or baking soda is responsible. But I think that baking soda is more likely among the two to have caused the drop.

Feel free to write back.