Is heterogeneous endometrium with small nodules cancerous?

Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: endometrium containing fluid small hypercchoic nodulars in the endometrium and the endometrium is heterogencous is this cancer
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Biopsy should be done for proper diagnosis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX
Thanks for writing to HCM

Heterogeneous endometrium with small hyperechoic nodules may be due to both benign or malignant reasons.
Nature of lesion can't be told by ultrasound findings.

It is important to know your symptoms.
You need proper clinical examination and further investigations.
Endometrial biopsy should be done to confirm nature of thickening.
It is important to exclude malignant reason.
Heterogeneous endometrium may be due to both benign and malignant reasons which can be confirmed only by biopsy.
You should consult your gynecologist.

Proper treatment depend upon findings.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Follow up: Dr. Indu Kumar 3 minutes later
is it more likely then not cancer
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please find detail answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX
Thanks for writing back

It is not possible to comment about benign or malignant reason from ultrasound findings of endometrium.
You should go for biopsy and histopathological examination of endometrium.It is the only way for confirmation.

Don't take tension.Please go for biopsy.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX