Is egg safe to eat postpartum?

Dr. Archana Verma

Pediatrician

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Child Health
Question: Hi,
My baby is 24 days old. She was kept under Bili lights for a day as she had jaundice in initial days of her birth. Can my wife eat an egg daily? Will that affect anyway?
Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Archana Verma 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, she can eat eggs daily

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I understand your concerns but don't worry. Eggs are good source of proteins and will be helpful in lactation period. So, your wife can have it daily. It's good for both mother and baby.

Many babies suffer from jaundice in the first few days. Since she required phototherapy only for a day so no need to worry at all.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar