Is egg safe to eat postpartum?
My baby is 24 days old. She was kept under Bili lights for a day as she had jaundice in initial days of her birth. Can my wife eat an egg daily? Will that affect anyway?
Yes, she can eat eggs daily
I understand your concerns but don't worry. Eggs are good source of proteins and will be helpful in lactation period. So, your wife can have it daily. It's good for both mother and baby.
Many babies suffer from jaundice in the first few days. Since she required phototherapy only for a day so no need to worry at all.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Under what conditions should breastfeeding be restricted to infant?
- What causes absence seizures after adenoid and tonsil removal?
- Suggest treatment for sleep movement disorder
- Is HSV infection as dangerous as HIV infection?
- Suggest treatment for persistent fever and frequent urination
- Can Lanzol be given along with milk to a 3 year old?
- What causes fever after vaccination in child?
- What causes swellings on back of head in a toddler?
- Is it safe to give Spark energy drink to children?
- Is burning sensation in throat after eating hot food a cause for concern?