What does this blood report indicate?
1) We had baby jaundice test today. attached the test results and ket me know next action
2) Today is 4/5 th day after delivery and my wife did not got any milk and baby is just on glucose water is it good & can we expect milk or no luck for us? doctor and nurse have tried suckign hard to get some drops even then no luck
Congratulations to both of you for the new addition in the family.
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
1. I have reviewed the report.
The baby is having physiological jaundice.
She should be given phototherapy and bilirubin levels should be tested ever 48 hours, to check the increase or decrease in the levels.
2. She should encourage the breast feeding by putting the baby to breast at regular intervals.
Moreover, she should take plenty of fluids, milk, high protein diet, and cumin and carrom seeds to increase the quantity of breast milk.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood test done what does the report indicate
- What does my sons blood report indicate
- What does these blood reports for salmonella typhi indicate
- What does mild anisopoikilocytosis indicate in a blood report
- What does my blood sugar report indicate
- What does my blood report indicate
- Done with blood work what does the report indicate
- What does the blood and semen analysis report indicate
- What do reactive lymphocytes indicate in blood report
- Blood cholesterol test done what does the report indicate