What does this blood report indicate?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in General Health
Question: My wife and myself have beenblessed with baby girl on 23-nov-2017. I need 2 suggestions:

1) We had baby jaundice test today. attached the test results and ket me know next action
2) Today is 4/5 th day after delivery and my wife did not got any milk and baby is just on glucose water is it good & can we expect milk or no luck for us? doctor and nurse have tried suckign hard to get some drops even then no luck
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Physiological jaundice

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
Congratulations to both of you for the new addition in the family.
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
1. I have reviewed the report.
The baby is having physiological jaundice.
She should be given phototherapy and bilirubin levels should be tested ever 48 hours, to check the increase or decrease in the levels.
2. She should encourage the breast feeding by putting the baby to breast at regular intervals.
Moreover, she should take plenty of fluids, milk, high protein diet, and cumin and carrom seeds to increase the quantity of breast milk.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 2 hours later
Currently baby is on Glucose water and it's 5th day shall we go for powder or goat or cow milk?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Infant formula

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, you should feed her with lactogen or Nan Pro infant formula.
Dr Deepti Verma