Is drinking water bad for a patient with low blood sugar levels?
But it wont make it better either. So what I am saying here is that during a low blood glucose episode ie less than 70 mg/dl, when you drink water it will not raise it back into the normal range.
Consuming a carbohydrate source will do it, preferably a fast acting one such as sugar or XXXXXXX crackers or non-diet soda or orange juice.
First you must see a physician to determine why you are prone to getting low sugar reactions. Indeed, it is more important to know if you truly have low glucose problem to begin with
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Low blood sugar levels88
- Low blood sugar level 57
- Low blood sugar and alcoholic quit drinking
- Fatal low blood sugar level
- Extremely low blood sugar levels
- Low blood sugar levels high potassium levels
- Amlong a for low blood sugar patient
- Lymphoma low blood sugar levels
- Low blood sugar levels and palettes
- Metacam and low blood sugar levels
- Thyroid problem,unable to conceive,hormone deficiency
- How are headaches and vitiligo treated ?
- Feel cold, lightheadedness, memory problems, foggy thinking,...
- Hypothyroidism due to Hashimoto's thyroiditis, taking Thyronorm. Do you...
- Underweight, taken dexamethasone. How can I gain weight?
- What can be done for a high blood sugar? Have frequent urination.
- Had hormone imbalance. Used androgel when testosterone went down. Will...
- Have a postprandial hypoglycemic reaction to foods with carbs. Gaining...
- Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. Is Armour thyroid or Erfa thyroid better...
- Cold feeling after eating sugar. Headache, fever, BP high, have...