Is complete recovery from hand tremor after lithium cessation possible?
Tremor will subside.
Hello and thanks for using HCM.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
Tremor after Lithium use is a well known feature, but underlying mechanism is not fully understood.
Regarding to literature publications, Lithium induced tremor subsides entirely, but in some cases this lasts months to few years.
Better thing to do is not to worry much more than necessary about it.
I remain at your disposal for further questions or clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hand tremors after lifting heavy loads
- Tremor in hands after exercise
- Hand tremors after shower
- Numb hands lithium
- Hand tremor after physical activity
- Hand tremor after physical effort
- Hand tremor after lifting
- Hand tremor after stroke
- Hand tremors after working out
- Hand tremors after dental anesthesia