What causes fluttering feeling in the chest?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in General Health
Question: hello i am having flutters in my chest feeling with a tremor and quiver feeling i have anxiety so i get confused but mu medicine for anxiety does not help not sure whats going on i also have a acid reflux condition with lots of heartburn so i am not sure if thats the cause it comes and goes threw out the day for the past 2 days now
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Neurological examination, thyroid functions and EKG needed

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been gone through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it can be due to anxiety still it needs to be assessed on an EKG to look for any subjective cause of your current symptoms. Your symptoms appear to be related to Palpitations more than tremors but if you still suffer from marked shivering of limbs or whole body it may need a detailed neurological examination as well as evaluation of thyroid functions. If that comes out normal, a psychiatrist review to optimise anti anxiety medications and beta blockers like propranolol may also needed to be added.

The other symptoms relating to stomach appear to be because of gastritis and needs medications for acid reflux and Motility agents like itapride and antacids like omperazole before meals. These will also help with vomiting or throwing up but if still persists metaclopramide can also be taken.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T