Is breathig difficulty,abdominal distention,cough and fever symptoms of poisoning?
I have gone through your query.
It seems to be more of organophosphate poisoning than sodium cyanide poising.
Airway control and adequate oxygenation are paramount in organophosphate (OP) poisonings
Continuous cardiac monitoring and pulse oximetry should be established; an ECG should be performed.
Remove all clothing and gently cleanse him with soap and water because organophosphates are hydrolyzed readily in aqueous solutions with a high pH.
Irrigate his eyes using isotonic sodium chloride solution or lactated Ringer's solution, perhaps he may have ocular exposure.
You have to take him to ER because mainstays of medical therapy in organophosphate (OP) poisoning include atropine, pralidoxime (2-PAM), and benzodiazepines (eg, diazepam). These drugs are given by trained doctors.
Hospitalization may be needed.
I hope it helps.
You are welcome to ask further health related queries.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer 5 points for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
Thanks for the response again.
From the information you have given, it seems that perhaps someone has sprayed pesticide/insecticide on walls of house that make you sick. Some times children also play unknowingly with these pesticide/insecticides which contain organophosphates in it.
So you must have eye watch next time to find who is doing all this and if you have some pesticide / insecticide in home keep them away form reach of children.
I hope it helps.
his distended abdomen seems to increase after food and has pain caused from swelling... he seems to think that wen he comes into contact with the mystery substance he reacts with all these symptons.
Symptoms match lead poisoning.
I have read your query.
It can be lead from lead paint of the wall of old houses and your present symptoms clearly match with it. So I advise you to get a simple blood test to detect lead poisoning.
Swelling in lower limb significantly tells that kidneys are getting involved because kidney damage occurs with exposure to high levels of lead, and evidence suggests that lower levels can damage kidneys as well.
Similarly cause of his distended abdomen with pain after food is likely to be caused due to involvement of liver.
So the best way is to remove the person out to other place.
Contact your toxicologist specialist who will advise him treatment include Chelation therapy, EDTA therapy according to his weight and other physical examination.
I hope you have got your answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hay fever symptoms eyes
- Are fever symptoms of yellow fever?
- Are fever symptoms of tonsillitis?
- Temperature fever symptoms of hyperthyroidism
- Are fever symptoms of traveler's diarrhea?
- Hay fever symptoms remedy
- Is headache with low fever symptom of lead poisoning
- Dingy fever symptoms
- Hay fever symptoms in adults
- Prostate fever symptoms
- What does MRI report taken after lower limb pain suggest?
- Suggest dosage of albendazole 400mg for thread worm?
- What is the treatment for aritis spine,hoarseness in voice,heavy chest...
- Which surgeon should I consult for torn ligaments?
- Should I consult a doctor for raised black knot on side after a fall?
- Will I be disabled due to arm and carpel tunnel surgery?
- Can injury from the left leg cause the damage to right knee after...
- What is the treatment for painful boil in nose for insulin dependents?
- Is it possible that previous knee injuries cause problems in hip joint?
- What is the cause for pain and burning sensation in right arm and thigh?