Is blood in urine while treating an UTI a symptom of bladder cancer?

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I went to ER,they did check blood on me also urine test and CT scan,they told me that blood cames good also urine test doesnt show any blood or protein or infection and same for CT scan everything good,but im scared cuz two weeks ago i went to one urgent care they told me that they find a blood on my urine same happen 3 days ago,but when i went to hospital everything was good,i just wanna kno which one to beilive more urgent care with urine test or hospital with blood urine and ct test??and also if i will have a bladder cancer do u think they should know in hospital??i also mastrubate alot two times a day u think that can cost??i have a scheedule in two weeks to a urologist for some more check cuz the papper that hospital give it to me it says to make a appoitment with urologist in one week so that makes me more scare if im diagnosed good why hospital wants to send me to a urologist specialist,please give me some answer what do u think
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Based on the information, I highly unlikely to be anything serious.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Muli
Welcome.
I have gone through your query and do understand your concern.

As you have mentioned that all your tests -- CT scan, blood test and urine tests are normal, you do not have to worry about it.

Blood in the urine is noted commonly in cases of urinary tract infection, stones in the urinary tract and or in bladder and very rarely due to some growth in urinary tract. Most of the time it is idiopathic and there won't be any cause.

Yes, excessive masturbation may cause some trauma to the urethra, which may be responsible for blood in the urine. I would suggest you to avoid it for few days.

Regarding your appointment with urologist -- it might be for cystoscopy, where one can directly visualise your bladder. It might be scheduled to make sure that there is nothing wrong with the linning of the bladder. It is done routinely , nothing to worry about it.

Hope this helps

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj