Is blood in stool while treating lung cancer a concern?

Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Cancer
Question: I'm a cancer patient at the Cancer Center I had lung cancer everything is doing great I'm doing absolutely fine now but when I go to the bathroom today I peed and when I wiped that was just a little blood what does that mean
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Few possibilities

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HCM.
I don't think this is related to your primary cancer. In most cases blood in stool is related to hemorrhoids,anal fissure or polyps. some more serious diagnoses are not first thing to think of especially if there is no weight loss and abdominal pain. You should see proctologist for evaluation of what I 've mentioned. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar