• question-icon

Is apple cider vinegar effective in migraine treatment?

Posted on Wed, 28 May 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi,

I did IUI on May 5th.I am having migarine since two days. As I understand that taking Vasogarin tablet,will have bad effect. So I did not Take medicine. I had read on interner that by taking 'Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar' by by mixing 2 or 3 tea spoons of Apple Cider Vinegar in an 8 ounce glass of water will help in releiving migraine pain. Please suggest if you have idea that it will help in releiving migraine pain and is it safe to take.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
safe in pregnancy, efficiency not known

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX thanks for trusting health care magic.
Firstly I wan to appreciate your insight about your health and thank god that you didn't take vasograin.
Regarding apple cider vinegar it has been stated in various books and much is written online but there is lack of evidence based trials regarding its efficiency but the best part is it is safe in pregnancy
You can take it and see for the effect and also you can supplement it with paracetamol tablets which are safe in pregnancy.
Avoid stress and bright light or loud music and also hunger at all times.
God bless you and wish you all the best for conception.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN