Is an ECHO report showing LVEF value as 45% a cause for worry?
you should also start ace inhibitors like Tab Ramipril 1.25 or 2.5 mg
Heart function is slightly decreased, normal is around 55-60%, but there is no need to worry as prognosis is good and you need to continue the medicine in order to prevent repeat attack and fall in function.
In medicine, you should also ace inhibitors like Tab Ramipril 1.25 or 2.5 mg to begin with depending upon the bp. This is good for heart and helps in maintaining heart function. So you discuss with local doctor and get it prescribed.
Otherwise, there is no excessive need to worry about. Continue to have healthy lifestyle, healthy diet, regular walking or brisk walking, avoid smoking and excessive alcohol if any.
Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.
Yes, but excessive exertion should be avoided
Yes, but excessive exertion should be avoided. Mild to moderate activities if asymptomatic are allowed. Ideally, we should have treatmill test done and if negative we can advice accordingly.
Actually, badminton can involve strenous exercise as well which is not advisable so athletic badminton should be avoided. If you get any symptoms like chest heaviness, pain or shortness of breath then it should be avoided. I guess you don't have any symptoms at present. All the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Echo shows abnormal left ventricle diastolic, but said not to worry
- Does hiv test report showing index value 013 mean positive
- Having weakness stool test report shows acidity level 45 dangerous
- Echo report shows dilated aortic root meaning concerned
- Does the attached report shows normal values
- Report showed low monocytes elevated bilirubin should i be worried
- Should i be worried about mpv value in blood report
- What is bpd in tiffa the report is showing bpd 45 cms
- What causes lvef and is it reversible
- Pulmonary hypertension echo values