• question-icon

Is alcohol consumption harmful in a person with a history of septoplasty surgery?

Posted on Sat, 1 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: Hi I am XXXXXXX 26 years has gone septoplasty surgery on 19th of the previous month. Can I consume alcohol and chew tobacco now as I m addicted to eat too much. Need valuable input on it.
Thanks
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
A deaddiction will make it easy. A psychologist can help.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Alcohol intake is discouraged. Chewing tobacco is discouraged even further. I would insist you to visit a psychologist. He would be able to offer you cognitive behavioral therapy and behavior modification therapy which will help you in the process of deaddiction.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 14 minutes later
Just wanna know the duration after the septoplasty surgery when I can intake chewing tobacco and alcohol...I will be very grateful if you kindly say me the duration after the surgery I can consume all this. Hope to get proper reply to my asked question this time..
Thanks in advance..
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
6 weeks

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. There is no specified duration like that. However, it is preferable to refrain for 6 weeks before you start consuming these again.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha