question-icon

Is alcohol advisable when having globulin ratio of 1.6?

Posted on Mon, 11 May 2015
Question: Albumin/globulin Ratio1.6 should I take any medication & can I take alcohol
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail (52 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Your albumin/ globulin ratio is normal and you can drink alcohol socially

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.

1. Albumin/ globulin ratio in normal range is 0.9 to 2.0

2. Since your ratio is 1.6 therefore it is normal.

3. There is no need to take any medicine for it as it is already normal.

4. Alcohol can be taken in limited amounts. Please note that alcohol is addictive and you can do social drinking but should not get addicted to it.

5. Please drink responsibly and do not do any activity requiring high alertness after taking alcohol.

Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.

Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.

Dr.Vivek
Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist