Is a stroke or heart attack indicated in the attached cholesterol test reports?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017

Cardiologist
Question
my cholestorl is 8 or 308 just wondering if its normal am iat the risk of a stroke or heart attack
Fri, 8 Jun 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello

I understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that there are several factors which decide the risk of having a heart issue not just the cholesterol.

These include

1. whether you smoke or not
2. Diabetes
3. Genetic make up
4. Type A personality
5. Sedentary life style

Kindly upload your complete lipid profile report for proper evaluation and advice.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap

Follow-up: Is a stroke or heart attack indicated in the attached cholesterol test reports? 1 hour later
I don’t smoke
No diabetes
Mother and father has high cholesterol
My cholesterol levels are following
LDL 5.53 mmol/L
HDL 1.19 mmol/L
Triglycerides 3.72 mmol/l
Non-hdl cholesterol 7.22 mmol/l

I am 30 years old 67 kg weight and 5.11 inches

Is the cholesterol too high am I at the risk of heart attack or stroke

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the feedback.

Yes your cholesterol levels and needs attention. But considering other factors like you dont smoke, you are not obese, no family history of heart disease, no diabetes and your young age group keeps the risk of heart disease or stroke to minimal.

I would like to suggest you to start following the routine strictly which am gonna mention below.

1. Daily brisk morning walk for 45 mins a day for 5 days a week.

2. Drink lots of water daily.

3. Try to add lots of fresh fruits and vegetables in daily diet.

4. Make sure that he doesn't indulge himself in smoking, as it increases the risk of
heart problem by 3 to 5 folds.

Follow this routine strictly for 3 months and then check lipid profile again. Also you can consult your doctor and discuss with him regarding starting a low dose STATIN medicine to lower the levels and with the routine mentioned above.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap

Follow-up: Is a stroke or heart attack indicated in the attached cholesterol test reports? 46 minutes later
I have consulted my family doctor and he advised me not to take statin, he just asked me to changed the diet and exercise. so i just wanted to make sure that my results are not at risk of heart attack or a stroke

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
No your levels are not that high.

If your doctor is not willing to prescribe the medicine as of now Then you can simply follow the lifestyle modifications strictly as they will surely help lower these levels.

Hope to have been helpful

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap