Is a small knot on the jawbone a symptom of cancer?
I just noticed a small knot on my jawbone that moves a little bit. Is it cancer and what kind of doctor do I see
This is a lymph node and totally normal!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this node you have reported and all the inconveniences this has caused you. I have reviewed this information and it is very suggestive of a possible lymph gland. This is normal following its location, description and size. We all have them and they serve to fight infections. If you have had any recent infections around the head/neck region, this will be a probable explanation as to why it is increased in size and you could feel it. To me, there is no need to see a doctor at this time. Monitoring is all i recommend and further action if it increases in size or some other symptoms such as weight loss, night fevers, lack of appetite come up.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Knots and cancer
- Swelling under jawbone suggested lymphnodes cancer
- Symptoms of small intestine cancer
- Symptoms of small lymphocytic cancer
- Symptoms of small cell cancer
- Jawbone cysts lung cancer
- Ovarian cancer symptoms and symptoms
- Mouth cancer lumps under jawbone
- Breast cancer symptoms and symptoms
- Symptoms of cancer symptoms